Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 11 - Technological Help & Low Tech AT Inventions

Today we had a 'tech day' where if we were having challenges using BoardMaker + we could ask either Barb or our peers for help. I found this to be extremely useful, because the BoardMaker assignment took a lot longer than I had planned, so I really needed those few hours to work on the assignment.

I also learned how to import pictures from the internet to use instead of the program's symbols. The adaptive book I created was on voting, and the political system of Canada. So when I mentioned Darrall Dexter and Stephan Harper, I have an actual picture of them!

The last hour of class we were presenting our low tech inventions. There is a lot of things that you can use for Assistive Technology at the dollar store. All a person has to be is creative!

Here is a video I found that has some more great ideas for Assistive Technology. It is a mixture of low, mid, and high tech devices.


No comments:

Post a Comment